Aller au contenu

Eh! Messieurs! Ou Est Mon Pastis, Eh?

nick dragons

Messages recommandés

eh! mes amis!

i apologise for writing this in English, but i've been warned not to try and use French in the past (thank you nagisa!)

the trip of the year approaches, and i'm still not going. sigh. however a number of dragons supporters you met two years ago will be there:

http://draggedup.co.uk/chat/album_pic.php?pic_id=35

hopefully they'll get a log in on this board and make themselves known below. obviously we're not going for the win, particularly after our shambolic "victory" over connacht on thursday. i think they might like to go out for a quiet beer, however.

oh, and if anyone sees the young lady who wanted to swap my dragons jersey for a cup of coffee back at her place, tell her i've changed my mind. she can have it!

bonne chance

nick

PS - they've already got their tickets, this time. only i am that disorganised.

Modifié par nick dragons

Bonjour!

Most of the supporters will be landing on Friday @ 13:10 from Bristol (Easyjet). A large group of us are staying at the Ibis Central and are returning home on Monday.

Where do Les Capitouls meet before the game (on Saturday) for a drink/chat etc?

I have another strange request! I was in Toulouse 2 years ago and did the rugby tour (lots of alcohol!). This time I want to see a little more of the area and (as I am a keen cyclist) would like to cycle part of the Canal du Midi. I have searched the internet & sent several emails but I cannot find anywhere in Toulouse that will rent a mountain bike. Can anyone suggest somewhere in Toulouse that rents bikes. I have tried Maison du Velo, but they do not rent mountain bikes.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Bonjour!

Most of the supporters will be landing on Friday @ 13:10 from Bristol (Easyjet). A large group of us are staying at the Ibis Central and are returning home on Monday.

Where do Les Capitouls meet before the game (on Saturday) for a drink/chat etc?

I have another strange request! I was in Toulouse 2 years ago and did the rugby tour (lots of alcohol!). This time I want to see a little more of the area and (as I am a keen cyclist) would like to cycle part of the Canal du Midi. I have searched the internet & sent several emails but I cannot find anywhere in Toulouse that will rent a mountain bike. Can anyone suggest somewhere in Toulouse that rents bikes. I have tried Maison du Velo, but they do not rent mountain bikes.

Kind Regards

Andrew

Hi !

I've never rented bikes in Toulouse but I found it on the internet : http://toulousevelo.free.fr/spip.php?article421 (indeed La Maison du Vélo doesn't rent mountain bikes, but there are other shops)

Hope it'll help you. Enjoy your stay in Toulouse !

Hi,

les Capitouls are not much of an organised group, there is no "official meeting place" between us. However, if you want to try some real french food, I suggest we meet at the Victor Hugo market, as we did 2 years ago. There are a bunch of restaurants on the first floor, with local food at a reasonable price. By the way, the market is a great place to buy local food (cheese and meat in particular).

Victor Hugo is also a good place to start from in order to go to the stadium by metro.

If there is anyone interested by the proposal, Welsh, French or lost in the middle, just let it be known in this thread.

PS : No idea where you can find a bike to ride along the Canal de midi. There are bikes for rent at every corner nowadays in Toulouse, but I'm not sure you're allowed to use them outside Toulouse. Anyway, a "mountain" bike may not be needed, the road is flat all along the Canal.

PPS : Nick, I can see your french has improved a lot. Your title was perfect :drinks

--------------------------------------------------

Pour les non-anglophones

Salut,

les Capitouls ne sont pas un groupe organisé, il n'y a pas de "lieu de rassemblement officiel". Cependant, si vous voulez gouter de la cuisine française, je vous propose qu'on se retrouve au marché Victor Hugo, comme il y a 2 ans. Il y a un paquet de restos au premier étage, avec de la cuisine locale à un prix raisonnable. Au passage, le marché est un bon endroit pour acheter de la nourriture locale (fromage et viande en particulier).

Il est également facile de rejoindre le stade en métro depuis Victor Hugo.

S'il y en qui sont intéressés par la proposition, Gallois, Français ou perdus au milieu, faites le savoir dans ce thread.

I was just about to advice you to go to the "victor hugo" market.

Take your time in the "bar des amis", a place where you'll never be drunk alone :)

The restaurant upside are not top quality but it's nice to be there before the match, food is quite good.

Forget about the bicycle. The canal du midi around toulouse is not so beautifull. It's better 25 km away, because at first you're near the highway !

Take your time to go by foot around saint sernin, capitole, near the garonne. You can go in the morning to the "marché du crystal", just have a sit on place wilson to see how girl from toulouse are beautifull.

Beautifull "hiden" places are "la chapelle des carmélites", "bibliothèque du périgord", the church rue du thaur or saint pierre des cuisines, la galerie du chateau d'eau, bemberg fundation ....

See you at the "bar des amis"

Modifié par toulouzinzin

OK - Marché Victor Hugo sounds good. Le Bar des Amis?

What time would be best to meet considering the game is at 14:30hrs

Proposal : meeting time at 11.30, to start the apero and go have a lunch somewhere around before the game.

Proposal : meeting time at 11.30, to start the apero and go have a lunch somewhere around before the game.

OK that's great. I'll try & get them in the area for 11. The game does start at 14:30?

OK that's great. I'll try & get them in the area for 11. The game does start at 14:30?

Yep

Excellent le titre :lol:,

Congratulations for your french

Part 1 / lesson 2 : Pastis is also called "jaune" ==> example : Eh ! Messieurs, où est mon jaune ? :smile:

Have a nice trip in Toulouse. !!!

Thanks to Les Capitouls for being great hosts (again)!

Good food in Marche Victor Hugo and good company. I think Dragons Eye (Andrew) is still in De Danu!

Cheers!

Kakapo (aka Paul).

Hi Paul,

we had a great time too.

I am almost sure he is still in De Danu, because there is still bottles of wine ;-)

I will try to send the picture tonight

See you next time.

charboc (or Cédric or the toulousain with a dragon jersey ;-) )

Can I reiterate Pauls comments.

We all had a great time in Toulouse, especially on Saturday. I'm just glad that Stade Toulousain were not firing on all cylinders :)

The red wine was flowing on Saturday along with the beer, but I think it was the Armagnac that pushed me over the edge.

Thanks again for a great trip

Andrew - now a Stade Toulousain jersey owner!

• 5 months later...
Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Créer...