Aller au contenu

Help! Please! The topic of the Irishman in Toulouse

Morgan

Messages recommandés

Me and a friend hope to travel from Ireland for the game against Perpignan in November. What are the best tickets to enjoy the atmosphere? Is there a section where the supporters club go?

Any other advice welcome.

Apologies for using English... Google translate below if that helps...

Moi et un ami espérons voyager depuis l'Irlande pour le match contre Perpignan en novembre. Quels sont les meilleurs billets pour profiter de l'ambiance ? Y a-t-il une section où va le club des supporters ?

Tout autre conseil est le bienvenu.

Merci beaucoup a tous

Apologies... I was not clear. We plan to travel to Toulouse for the Stade Toulousain game against USAP on 6th November. We would like to enjoy the Toulouse atmosphere - not the Perpignan one 😀

Je m'excuse... Je n'ai pas été clair. Nous prévoyons de nous rendre à Toulouse pour le match du Stade Toulousain contre l'USAP le 6 novembre. Nous aimerions profiter de l'ambiance toulousaine - pas celle de Perpignan

il y a 43 minutes, Morgan a dit :

Me and a friend hope to travel from Ireland for the game against Perpignan in November. What are the best tickets to enjoy the atmosphere? Is there a section where the supporters club go?

You're welcome here.

You can buy tickets on line to the "billeterie" https://billetterie.stadetoulousain.fr/ ST fans are mostly in the "Tribune Sud" where you can find I think the best atmosphere even if the other "Tribune Nord" is a good place too.

After the game, perhaps you can go to the downtown to some bars like "Chez Tonton" or the "De Danu" (old Trevor's Brennan bar now sold, he own a new pub now in Castelginest, around 10km from Toulouse center). You can use the subway to go to the stadium ("Barriere de Paris" subway station then you have bus https://www.tisseo.fr/se-deplacer/navettes-thematiques/ernest-wallon) sure you will met ST fans in the bus !

Enjoy you're travel.

• J'aime 1
  • Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, stadeli said:

If you want special activity, you can tell Gronounours. He's the best.

Gronounours has left the church a while ago and the altar boy evidence was deemed "murky" by the court! :angry: 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Parigot_Paris said:

And you are quite right at this! Toulouse is the home of connaisseurs and rugby lovers while Perpignan are a gang of nationalistic Catalans no good low lifers and hoodlums! They are accustomed to throwing at away supporters the bones of the beef ribs they eat raw during each game!

By the way I shall be in Galway to visit the culchies Connacht in Dec. Any suggestions  for food or iddly-idly music? :innoncent:

😀😀

In Galway... There is an area close to Eyre Square in Galway which has many good bars and music. If you look on the map for Middle Street, Shop Street, Cross street... All around that area is the centre of night life. I think they call it the Latin Quarter (Galway thinking they are Paris!!!)

A couple of well known pubs which I think do regular music evenings are "Tigh Neachtain" and "Tig Coili" ("Tig" in Irish means house or home). They are both in that general area

Galway is a small university city so you can walk everywhere and it's quite lively. It's very concentrated so you won't need to get busses or taxis

• Merci 3
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, rimram31 said:

You're welcome here.

You can buy tickets on line to the "billeterie" https://billetterie.stadetoulousain.fr/ ST fans are mostly in the "Tribune Sud" where you can find I think the best atmosphere even if the other "Tribune Nord" is a good place too.

After the game, perhaps you can go to the downtown to some bars like "Chez Tonton" or the "De Danu" (old Trevor's Brennan bar now sold, he own a new pub now in Castelginest, around 10km from Toulouse center). You can use the subway to go to the stadium ("Barriere de Paris" subway station then you have bus https://www.tisseo.fr/se-deplacer/navettes-thematiques/ernest-wallon) sure you will met ST fans in the bus !

Enjoy you're travel.

Merci beaucoup... Tres gentil

• Merci 1
Il y a 3 heures, stadeli a dit :

If you want special activity, you can tell Gronounours. He's the best.

Especially if he’s a fuc.king Roukmoute ! :wub:

Modifié par gronounours
  • Haha 3
Il y a 2 heures, Parigot_Paris a dit :

Gronounours has left the church a while ago and the altar boy evidence was deemed "murky" by the court! :angry: 

You talkin’ to me ?
Who the fuck do you think you’re talking to ? :P

Modifié par gronounours
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Parigot_Paris said:

In the curves, this is where the lively atmosphere is. People are so drunk that they can't remember their own name or ethnic origin and keep repeating "Toulousains, Toulousains" perhaps in the hope that somebody will pity them and drive them home. Great craic altogether.

I think this sounds like my spiritual home 😀

By the way I should also have said that in Galway you will probably need a good coat. It's often wet and windy... The sports ground in Galway is very different to the indoor disco you are used to 😏

• Haha 4

Every week , Before the game , we go together to have a drink at " The Blue Oyster Bar " ...

You r welcome ....

Modifié par Bota
  • Merci 1
2 hours ago, Parigot_Paris said:

Morgan

We need to talk. When a boy gets to the age of 15 over here, his dad tells him: you are now old enough to know. The Racing Arena « stadium » , a cross between a hangar and a discotheque is NOT in Paris. There is only ONE rugby football club in Paris, and it is Stade Français. Their stadium, re-developed in 2013 is an open shrine where the cult of true rugby is celebrated. It is subject to wind and rain, sunshine and chants by a fat balding supporter i.e.: me. 
I am glad we had this little talk. What are friends for, after all!? :sorcerer: 

Ooops. Apologies. Almost as bad as calling me a Munster supporter 😏

• Merci 1
  • Haha 3
DarkSideOfTheMaul
il y a 12 minutes, Garbajauzion a dit :

Je me tâte à prendre des séances d'hypnose pour apprendre l'anglais, j'aimerais vraiment participer à ce topic

@gronounoursdoes have a speedy method for learning Irish English, better than hypnosis... Sure you'll love it! 

Révélation

:mellow:

• Haha 1

Big precision for you Morgan, on 06/11 the Stade Toulousain will be deprived of its "few" international players against Perpignan.
Match France/ Argentina the same weekend.

P.S.: C'est Reverso mon hypnotiseur :smile:

il y a 21 minutes, Les Minimes a dit :

Big precision for you Morgan, on 06/11 the Stade Toulousain will be deprived of its "few" international players against Perpignan.
Match France/ Argentina the same weekend.

P.S.: C'est Reverso mon hypnotiseur :smile:

So : no Dupont, no N'tamack, no Marchand, no Baille, no Cros, ...

But @gronounours in  Ernest Wallon wilth a tire changer!

Be careful...

• Haha 3
Il y a 2 heures, capitole46 a dit :

Be careful...

Yes … absolutely ! :devil:

3 hours ago, capitole46 said:

Be careful...

Morgan, you will be the first man who cross the channel to see Bales play ! don't forget to vote for him in the appropriate topic :drinks

• Haha 7
il y a 37 minutes, djip a dit :

Morgan, you will be the first man who cross the channel to see Bales play ! don't forget to vote for him in the appropriate topic :drinks

Putaing !! Il va rien comprendre l'Irish...

Bales, c'est un mot anglais qui veut dire balles/ballots (de paille, de foin) !

Il va croire qu'on est à Castres si on parle agriculture... :Neutral: :huh:

• Haha 1
il y a 31 minutes, djip a dit :

Morgan il est pas con, il va pas penser que je lui demande de voter pour le foin :P

Ah … il est pas Irlandais ? :yes:

• Haha 4
Il y a 2 heures, djip a dit :

Morgan il est pas con, il va pas penser que je lui demande de voter pour le foin :P

Pourtant entre une botte de foin et Bales, sur le terrain, je sais pas qui serait le plus pénible pour l'adversaire.

Il y a 15 heures, Morgan a dit :

Thank you everyone

Yes we know it is an international weekend but we are coming for the Toulouse experience and the fans. The new European cup and schedule doesn't work for us this year and we wanted to visit French rugby again. I usually travel with Leinster but not this year ... At least not until the final😏

But we get to see Toulouse again, walk through the city, have good food, good wine and meet good people. And maybe watch the international game in a bar afterwards

So if you see some people at the game in Leinster jerseys ... Say "hi" 😀

Yes ... Morgan is my "first name". No relation to a certain annoying petit general😁

You can taste a lot of kind of döner kebab and other kind of tacos here, it's our new speciality.

But if you meet some old people, maybe you can ask them about Cassoulet, but it's unknow for young people now.

For good wine, not to taste wine from Cahors or Gaillac please :biggrin:

https://www.n5winebar.com/

3 times voted best wine bar in the world (sorry but their english version seems not to work)

Modifié par Tlsefred31

Il y a 12 heures, djip a dit :

Ôte moi un doute.

Quand tu parles de voter pour le foin, tu parles Boris Johnson ?

image.jpeg.484d17c70c2c6e199b889c2893b58a03.jpeg

Il y a 16 heures, Morgan a dit :

You don't say you're from Dublin or at least you are a Leinster fan. All jerseys are welcome specially the Leinster one (Ulster may be subject to discussion ... old story with Trevor Brennan).

Il y a 18 heures, Morgan a dit :

Thank you everyone

Yes we know it is an international weekend but we are coming for the Toulouse experience and the fans. The new European cup and schedule doesn't work for us this year and we wanted to visit French rugby again. I usually travel with Leinster but not this year ... At least not until the final😏

But we get to see Toulouse again, walk through the city, have good food, good wine and meet good people. And maybe watch the international game in a bar afterwards

Yes ... Morgan is my "first name". No relation to a certain annoying petit general😁

don't taste Fronton...

• Haha 2
  • Triste 1
9 hours ago, rimram31 said:

You don't say you're from Dublin or at least you are a Leinster fan. All jerseys are welcome specially the Leinster one (Ulster may be subject to discussion ... old story with Trevor Brennan).

We'll have our Leinster jerseys on... I'm going to add a fourth star so we can fit in with you guys.

We are aware of Trevor... I remember watching him play with us. My friend played against him in amateur rugby and still has the marks on his head 😀

• J'aime 1
  • Haha 5
Il y a 8 heures, Morgan a dit :

...We are aware of Trevor... I remember watching him play with us...

You will perhaps see Joshua on the field for this game one of Trevor sun, second raw like his father.

• Merci 1
On 10/14/2021 at 2:44 AM, Tlsefred31 said:

For good wine, not to taste wine from Cahors or Gaillac please :biggrin:

https://www.n5winebar.com/

3 times voted best wine bar in the world (sorry but their english version seems not to work)

On peut quand même se taper un Mauzac de chez Plageolles : https://www.vins-plageoles.com/ c'est autre chose que la merde commerciale de la binocle

• J'aime 2
  • Merci 1
7 hours ago, Parigot_Paris said:

I DIDN'T say "jackeen" or "ladyboys" or "hermaphrodites" and the fact that glorious Stade Français is playing Connacht this season is irrelevant. :sorcerer:

Well... Let's see how the Parisians enjoy the weather in Galway in December and then let's talk about "ladyboys" 😏

• Haha 4
  • Triste 1
19 hours ago, Morgan said:

Well... Let's see how the Parisians enjoy the weather in Galway in December and then let's talk about "ladyboys" 😏

Touché ! :sorcerer: But the sun always shines at the pub! I'll be staying four days there and I am bringing my guitar. "Ring a ring a rosie, as the light declines..." Problem being: all the Irish musicians are way better than me. So I prepared a few a cappella tunes, such as the "Maid from Cabra West" and other fine Dublin come all ye. Am I forgiven? :sorcerer:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everybody. I look forward to enjoying Toulouse this weekend. I have two practical questions...

Is it possible to bring small bags into the stadium? My friend needs to go to the airport after the game. He will only have a small overnight bag. It would be good if he can bring it to the stadium if that's allowed (I will try to call the stadium but I know that it might be difficult to get an answer)

If we go early to the stadium... Are the drinks in the stadium "alcohol free". I know some stadiums in France are and wanted to check 😀

Good luck on Saturday